Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Big Yellow Taxi

A wise person once told me, "Isn't it amazing how much more we appreciate something when we have to go without for a while?" While they were referring to thumbs, I'm referring to just about anything. The little things we take for granted, such as: hugs, serious conversation, scriptures, song, math, english, etc. We don't realize how much we use the little things in life to build our successes. It is truly by small and simple means that great things come to pass.

I never really understood why there are so many songs about heartache and sorrow when there are so many good things in the world. Why be sad when there is so much joy to be had? Then I am cheerfully reminded almost everyday through little acts of pain or loss. Sadness is just a part of life. It doesn't mean we are evil. It simply means...well...I guess I don't know the answer to that one I just know being sad doesn't make us a bad person. It doesn't mean we are being punished for sin or transgression, we are just sad. You know what? It's okay. Even our Savior wept. He wept with his friends for their pain. He felt sad. Prophets of old have felt sorrow. Does that mean they transgressed? I think not.

On a more positive note, life couldn't be better here in the Happy Valley! Tia, Jenna, Sarah, Hailey and I went karaoking at Pirate Island tonight. It was an absolute ball! Of course...by the time we got up on stage, everyone had left for the night. But man! We were entertaining! Before that, I had work in the Tanner building. Have I ever posted about my job? I absolutely love it!! My boss is great! My coworkers make me smile. Everything is just wonderful! Before that, Jenna, Sarah, and I checked out local sports stores looking for frisbee golf frisbees! We found Cabelas and let's just say we fell in love with it! So many cool things to see and fun things to do. They have it all!

Well, now you're caught up on my day. I hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment