Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Facebook!!! Rabble rabble grr grr!

What a beautiful day it is here in Provo. The sun is shining. It's not too hot. The breeze is heavenly. But wait! Where is Shavonne? Oh, right. She's in her apartment, on Facebook.

How many hours do we spend on this social networking site (or any site of it's kind for that matter)? How much of that time could we spend on better things that improve our lives and the lives of others? How much of that precious time could we spend in the service of our fellowman? Well I say, ENOUGH! What can Facebook offer me that I can't find somewhere else? People who know I exist purely through the web poking fun at me and calling me friend? People who want in on my circle of friends in hopes it'll boost their reputation? People? Well, I'm done. Today I begin my Facebook Fast. Today marks the beginning of a new Shavonne Fielding. One who likes electronic technology but won't make that her focus in life. She will serve, work, school, and socialize in the REAL world. She will develop her gift of communication, both written and spoken. She will NOT become a hermit, enslaved by her addiction to Facebook.

Whew! Glad I got that off my chest. Seriously though. Facebook Fast starts today. I will go one week without that crutch to lean on. I'll let you know how it goes. Look! I found a goal! (For those of you who don't understand this, I have an assignment for one of my classes that I have to set two goals for my academic career and set a plan for them. You'd think that'd be easy right?)

Well, that's all I have to say on the subject of Facebook. Thank you for reading. Please come back for more! Since the readers I have currently know me so well, you know this is definitely the last outburst you'll hear from me.

1 comment:

  1. Shavonne has a blooooggg!!! Woohoo!! Look at me social networking on a beautiful day....oops.

    - Lee

    ReplyDelete