Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

All You Need Is Love

Have you ever wanted so badly to share something but feared if you did it would make the wrong impression? Of course you have. We all have. Tonight was one of those times. I would be remiss if I didn't share so I shall blog.

Love is a beautiful thing. It is all around us, trying to fill us up with it's immeasurable power. Waiting for the moment when we just open our doors and let it in, full force. We can't see it, per say, but we can see manifestations of it. It is in a touch, a warm smile, a helping hand, a swift compliment, an act of service, a simple prayer. Love is power. Love is pure. With it, we are united. Without it, we are divided.

How can love not be our ultimate goal? Because there are whispers in our mind, telling us it is a childish dream. Foolish errand. It can't really happen. No one is that pure.

I have a surprise for you. There IS someone that pure. There has been from the beginning! His name is Jesus Christ. He is our Savior, Redeemer, Brother, and Friend. He loves us.

These are my thoughts. They are few today but very prominent in my mind. I realize I need to practice bearing my testimony more so here is my opportunity. Not because anyone else needs to know, but because I need to know. When I know that I have a testimony, I can continue to build my faith. Who knew that you could and should have a testimony of bearing your testimony? I certainly didn't.

Remember that it is okay to love. In fact, it's quite healthy. Love and be loved. What else matters?

1 comment:

  1. Ah! I've written much about the same thing! Not stupid at all.

    ReplyDelete