Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

O My Father

Okay, don't tell me you didn't see this one coming.

Happy Father's day!

This post I would like to dedicate to not only my own father (who, by the way, will probably never read this) but to all those wonderful men in this world and beyond who have been fathers to all of Heavenly Father's children. I address my grandfathers and uncles, teachers and friends. I address those who have yet to be fathers but hold their priesthood worthily enough to be a great dad. I also want to address leaders and examples who provide that example in leadership. Thank you. All of you.

So in church today we discussed one special Father and Son and the sacrifice made on our behalf. One particular part of the discussion that really hit me was the emphasis on the words "infinite atonement". Do you realize that the Atonement is infinite? That doesn't just mean that it lasts forever and helps everyone forever. It means that it will never run out! It continues to pay for every sin, affliction and pain we encounter. We can repent multiple times! Now why would we be given such a tremendous gift? Because Heavenly Father is our Father. Because Jesus Christ is our Father because we take upon us His name when we are baptized. A father would do anything for his children. He is the protector and provider. He will help his children in the best way they know how.

My dad is a pretty special guy. He has always been my hero growing up. I can't really express how much I love and appreciate him. All I have to say is, I hope my future spouse is at least half the man my father is. I could be content with that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment