Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

And so it begins...

After long and hard deliberation, I've decided to start my own blog. No, it's not because I need my voice to be heard. No, it's not because I expect to make a difference. I want my family and friends to know what is going on in my life and what better way to do so then through a blog? That way, I'm not held accountable for information they may have missed in my life...right? Yeah. Right.

So, let me start off by introducing myself. My name is Shavonne Fielding. I am the daughter of David and Randi Fielding. (Best parents in the world! Yeah, it's true.) I have five younger siblings, making six kids in our family. (Also the best siblings in the world. You'll get to hear a lot about their accomplishments and just how I feel about it.) The order of appearance on this earth goes like this: Shavonne (That's me!), Sadie, Aaron, Alex, Suzannah, and Stephanie.

I am currently a student at Brigham Young University (Go Cougars!), studying print journalism. Okay, so I'm working toward studying print journalism. I apply in January. Talk about stress! Anywho, I've been here about two years now and have just about all my GEs wrapped up.

I attend the BYU 117th Ward in the BYU 15th Stake here at...you guessed it...BYU! (For those of you not so familiar with this lingo, it means that I am a member of th Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, aka LDS, Mormon, Awesome (oh wait...that's not necessarily a synonym...oh well, it's true just the same ;) ) The people here are just great! My bishopric is amazing! They have done a great job making me feel like at home here. The people in the ward are also great! From day one in this particular apartment complex I have felt fellowshipped and comfortable. I had almost thought that that kind of fellowshipping could only be found in Charlestown. I love being proven wrong regarding human nature! (If you have any questions about any of the words I use, feel free to text/call/email/talk/contact me and I'll explain. Don't worry, I won't convert ya. ;) )

I love to dance. Really! Teach me a type of dance and I will be happy. :) So far I have learned Lindy Hop, Charleston, Country Swing, Jazz, and some ballroom! I'm absolutely loving every minute of it! Granted, I'm taking a slight break from routinely dancing. ( I haven't actually shared this with all my dancing buddies yet...) There is something to be said about having too much of a good thing.

Okay, so reading back through this, it looks almost like a cross between a single's ad and a mini bio on myself. I guess it is supposed to be the second one...but I thought it was funny so I pointed it out. Hahahahaha.

With that, I think I'm going to wrap this up. Mostly because if I don't hurry up, I'm going to be late for my class. Stay tuned for future posts on my great but rather extraordinary life!

=)

2 comments: