Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

I can't believe I haven't told you all these stories yet! Let me begin by saying this past weekend was absolutely amazing!!

Our ward went down to Manti to watch the Mormon Miracle Pageant. Afterwards we went up to Fairview to spend the night and the next day at the Thorns's cabin. (If you don't know the Thorns, he is in the bishopric and his wife is just an awesome lady.) The pageant was a blast! Nothing beats the simple, cheesy, yet inspiring messages found in some LDS works. We got a picture with Brigham Young, Zerahemnah, and Captain Moroni! (Title of Liberty Captain Moroni) Apparently, Zerahemnah is a musically Christ-like teddy bear. Who knew? Captain Moroni and some extras, that's who!

The cabin was amazing! It is astounds me the strength and peace that can be found on the mountains. It makes sense that prophets of old would have gone up into the mountain to speak to the Lord. There is a peace and tranquility found there that just can't be found any where else. We went four-wheeling, canoeing and crazy card gaming! Talk about fun!! Taking the four-wheelers up to the ridge to overlook the whole valley gave me a whole new perspective. Well okay, not entirely new. But it was gorgeous. I definitely could have stayed up there for another few days at least. Easy.

So FHE today was fun. We went to Nickel City!! Oh my goodness!! So much fun! We decided the Spongebob game was the place to be if you wanted lots of tickets. Austin ended up with a cap gun because of all the tickets he had! Crazy? Oh yeah!

Well, seeing as it is late, I suppose I shall just have to turn in for the night and then blog more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment