Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

It's My Life

Whew! It's been a week since my last post! So sorry about that.

This has been a busy week in Shavonneyland. Between dates, work, and family vacation, its little wonder that I haven't had time to fill the web with my babblings. With my excuses made, let me fill you in on what's been happening with me.

So school is out for the summer. For me at least. I'm working custodial in the Tanner during the week and retail at Van Heusen on the weekends. When I'm not working, I'm job hunting. I've come to realize that free time is a scary thing to have. If I'm not careful, I'll just sit around my apartment and get fat (Ha!).

I'll soon be doing the necessary preparations to serve a full-time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I've already spoken to my bishop and stake president about it. True, it'll still be a while before everything is done, but I'm pretty excited.

I've been making some decisions in my life. Pretty major ones, if I do say so myself. I have come to the conclusion that life is short so make it worth it. This doesn't mean that we should waste away our time by not contributing to society, but we should do our best in everything we do. That way we don't have to try to do it again.

I'll have to edit this post later because I'm short on time. Hope you enjoy what you've read!

1 comment:

  1. Shavonne! I had no idea you were preparing for a mission! Thats amazing! You are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete