Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

There is Peace

It never ceases to amaze me the constant awareness our Father in Heaven has for each and every one of His children. Tonight we had a fireside that greatly helped put my mind and spirit at ease. The past few days have been a bit of a trial for me. It seems that as the time draws closer for me to report, the Adversary sends more of his forces to try and stop me. Day by day I found myself more and more in a constant state of indolence and impatience. After all, there is simply too much for me to do to get ready for this mission thing. Why did I ever think I could possibly do it all in one month?

Well, my friends, let me tell you what I learned today. Elder D. Todd Christofferson, member of the quorum of the Twelve Apostles gave the lesson in the fireside tonight. He spoke on living our lives day to day as opposed to getting caught up in the terrifying possibilities of the future. My dad put it well when he said, "Why spend all our time worrying about a future that may or may not actually happen?" I cannot describe here all the things I heard and felt. I'm still trying to digest it all. Needless to say, it has changed my perspective on my current state of living. Sure, I'm back with my parents again, but that doesn't mean I can't still progress. It's just a different way of progressing.

I know it's short but there were a lot of very personal things that I learned. I tried to put them down here and they just wouldn't come out. Therefore, you're getting the CliffNotes version instead. Happy week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment